Friday, December 19, 2008

STUFF AND OTHER THINGS....


WOW!!!! So since I started this blog I've had a million new things happen in my life, both good and bad.  Where do I start?  Okay, here we go...
My grandfather passed away a couple weeks ago after suffering a massive stroke that left the whole right side of his body paralyzed, it all came on so fast that I didn't even get to see him before he left the earth.  Oddly enough, the sadness passed pretty quickly after realizing that he is now back with my grandmother in heaven.  Growing up I would spend summer days at Zuma beach in Malibu, just down the hill from his house.  This is when my love affair with the ocean began, about 5 years old.  Looking back on life I realize that surfing, not just the physical sport but the culture as a whole, has shaped my entire human existence.  And I owe it all to him and my grandmother for giving me the chance to experience something so pure..... Thank You and I Love You Both!!! The memorial service is set for the weekend of my birthday in January at Brentwood Presbyterian Church.  That reminds me, my grandmother's memorial service was on my 21st birthday... Does that mean something?  Or is it just coincidence?  You be the judge... Okay next post is all good stuff, including a super hot girl that I met last night...

No comments: